With more than 26 years of experience in the energy efficiency market, CSG understands the energy consumer. This multi-layered expertise enables us to better partner with clients to develop compelling and effective marketing strategies and campaigns that deliver results.
CSG provides a full range of marketing services for energy efficiency programs including campaign conception, planning, implementation and measuring results. Traditional marketing services include:
- Marketing collateral, branding & packaging
- Print, radio and TV advertising
- Targeted campaigns and data mining
- Public relations and media coverage
The CSG marketing team also brings considerable experience in the following areas:
- Behavioral and ethnographic marketing research
- Geographic information system (GIS) mapping and modeling
- Digital marketing communications (e.g. website design, online advertising)
- Social media marketing promotion and community-based marketing
Why Is Strategic Marketing Important for Energy Efficiency programs?
Designing and implementing an effective marketing strategy with a proven methodology for measuring success is key to launching any new program or service. From building public awareness to reducing consumer demand for energy, CSG has the industry experience to help define, build and execute the marketing strategies that successfully meet our clients’ program objectives.
Effective marketing for energy efficiency programs is both an art and a science. Robust market research placed in the context of larger social and cultural trends helps reveal how to capture a customer’s fleeting attention and how to drive adoption, participation and/or behavioral changes.
CSG will help identify, assess, and target emerging marketing opportunities to position our partners and clients to take full advantage of energy efficiency initiatives and clean energy technologies.
Marketing Facts & Statistics
CSG has partnered with clients to design many award-winning marketing campaigns. Here are just a few examples of CSG’s measurable success in marketing energy efficiency programs:
- Case study: “I am an ENERGY STAR” reaches more than 1.1 million customers with an American Idol-inspired initiative
- Case study: CSG partners with Kansas City Power & Light (KCP&L) to build a contractor portal that supports a 397% increase in AC unit rebates in April 2009
- Case study: CSG uses social marketing to drive a 1300% increase in energy assessments within 9 months in Marshfield, MA
- Case study: CSG's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® drives a 61% increase in the number of households in Oregon