Conservation Services Group's Applied Building Science (ABS) team is made up of building performance professionals who have been in the energy efficiency and renewable energy industry for decades. The experience of our in-house team of technical experts guides and informs CSG’s program design and delivery.
CSG views the building as an entire “system” made up of various factors. The dynamic interaction of these factors and a home's occupants must be considered to understand the building performance as a whole, including:
- Heating and cooling equipment
- Air movement
- Weather and site conditions
- Structural components
- Lighting and appliances
Our building performance programs have also afforded us the opportunity to follow thousands of energy efficient new construction projects through design analysis, construction inspections, performance testing and green certification. This has given us insights into how energy efficient design intent translates into construction realities and helps us to advance program objectives.
Why Is Applied Building Science Important?
Conservation Services Group uses applied building science to optimize energy efficiency and building performance, making targeted recommendations for improvements and to reduce energy demand.
By being actively involved in the design and delivery of CSG's various programs, the ABS team provides our clients with critical knowledge and hands-on experience in:
- Developing program technical standards
- Providing direct technical support
- Maintaining quality assurance goals
- Working with industry organizations to develop national technical standards
- Conducting product research
The Applied Building Science team also brings its knowledge to our clients by providing customized energy efficiency training and course design to building professionals such as contractors, architects, HERS Raters, home energy auditors, and code officials. Examples of training curricula include:
- HERS Rater Trainings
- Green Building seminars
- Mold and Moisture Control
- Home Health Opportunities in Energy Efficient Construction
- Energy Code trainings
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) training
- ENERGY STAR Homes Builder and Designer Seminars
- Industry conference sessions
Applied Building Science Facts & Statistics
Conservation Services Group's Building Science team’s focus on optimizing energy efficiency and building performance has resulted in measurable success, including: