CSG paved the way in developing Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) accounting systems and promoting Renewable Electricity Standards (RES) and green power products. We also participate in voluntary renewable power markets for high-value renewable energy generation, such as solar energy and wind energy.
CSG provides a broad range of services and expertise for renewable energy markets, focusing on the small to mid-size renewable energy generators who want to maximize profitability in the ever-changing energy markets or outsource various REC functions. This includes:
- Qualification of generation units
- REC tracking system/account management
- REC sales, contracting and delivery
- Proposal development and contract management
- Public policy strategy and consulting
Why Are Clean Energy Markets Important?
CSG’s ongoing commitment is driven by our desire to develop and nurture the demand for renewable energy generation. Because of our diversified business lines, we are able to offer our REC products with relatively little overhead, directing revenues to entrepreneurial owners, including:
- Owners of renewable energy generation units
- Producers of small-scale solar and CHP projects
- Producers of biofuels
CSG sells RECs to buyers on a no-fee basis, an important competitive advantage for our clients. This reduces costs and simplifies transactions for buyers, often making CSG a buyer’s first call when looking to purchase RECs. CSG deducts its commission from the sales revenue, meaning we do not get paid until our clients do.
In addition to benefiting entrepreneurial companies, a major engine for the U.S. economy, CSG is committed to growing jobs and developing the technologies in the clean energy sector of the economy. Our mission is simple – promote energy efficiency and the development of renewable energy to conserve our natural resources and protect the environment.
Renewable Energy Markets Facts & Statistics
CSG introduced the REC markets into the New England Market in 2002, administering the first successful application for a Qualified New Renewable Generation Unit in Massachusetts. We were also among the first to take advantage of the “Green-e Climate” certification.
Related information on CSG and Clean Energy Markets:
- Case study: Proving the viability and value of a market based system for achieving public policy objectives in Massachusetts
- Fact: CSG has sold more than $25 million in Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) for our clients