Since its inception in 1984, CSG has been at the forefront of energy efficiency products, management, services and technologies. CSG has reached more than 2 million homes and aspires to reach millions more to build a clean energy economy.
- New office opens in Madison, WI.
- Employee count reaches 800
- Company rebrand showcases award-winning logo, designed in-house
- CSG launches its energy efficiency program management software, EnergyMeasure, for tracking all aspects of residential energy efficiency programs.
- New offices open in San Diego, CA; Lombard, IL; Bainbridge Island, WA.
- CSG's plans for a more energy efficient future include a renewed dedication to the company's mission: to create solutions that reduce our impact on the planet and inspire greener living.
- CSG celebrates its 25th anniversary, having grown from a small, not-for-profit organization serving one state to a multi-million dollar organization serving more than 100 clients and reaching more than 2 million households.
- CSG continues its geographic expansion, establishing offices in Brooklyn, NY, Nashville, TN, Peoria, IL and Tucson, AZ.
- The company employs nearly 400 people and revenues exceed $60 million.
- CSG develops and funds two BJ’s Wholesale Club solar installations that go on line in Connecticut.
- CSG opens an office in the Midwest
- CSG opens its second office in Southern California, expanding services on the West coast. On the East coast, CSG opens office in New Jersey.
- CSG certifies first LEED for Homes project for the U.S. Green Building Council.
- CSG develops programs to serve customers on Long Island, NY and opens office in Ronkonkoma.
- CSG launches ClimateSAVE, a Green-e certified, renewable energy product.
- CSG opens office in Portland, Oregon to support the expansion of services in the Pacific Northwest.
- For the first time, local MA customers can support 100% renewable power through their utility company; GreenerWatts New England is offered to Massachusetts Electric and Nantucket Electric customers by CSG as a competitive product in the GreenUp program.
- CSG formally establishes Clean Energy Markets Division to support expanding renewable energy market sector.
- Sun Power Electric becomes the first organization nationwide to trade "Green-e" certified green credits.
- CSG partners with Massachusetts Interfaith Power & Light to retrofit churches and houses of worship statewide. CSG is awarded a "Leap of Faith Award."
- CSG implements the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR pilot program in New York State for the New York State Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA).
- CSG acquires Planergy, an energy services company based in Texas that runs "Solar Schools" and a commercial and industrial retrofit program.
- CSG purchases ReGen, a "green-e" certified product from AllEnergy and begins marketing green power.
- CSG partners with Efficiency Vermont, the nation's first energy efficient utility.
- CSG merges with MassSave (an organization formed in 1980 to provide residential conservation services in Massachusetts).
- CSG moves headquarters from Boston to Westborough, MA.
- CSG establishes Sun Power Electric, the nation’s first all-solar power plant, for renewable energy sales and installations.
- CSG installs the 1st solar power plant on BJ's Wholesale Club roof in North Dartmouth, MA – the 1st of 14 BJ's power plants in the Northeast over 9 years.
- Electric industry restructuring begins, with CSG's CEO playing a central role. CSG launches Marketing Services to support utility programs.
- CSG awarded $500,000 grant to introduce the Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR® Homes program in New England.
- CSG opens Wisconsin office, signifying service delivery beyond New England.
- CSG develops new residential construction program, Energy Crafted Homes, for New England utilities.
- CSG established as leader in residential demand-side management programs in New England.
- CSG helps lead demand-side regulatory and program development.
- CSG launches home performance service for customers of Massachusetts Electric (now National Grid).
- Conservation Services Group is founded in Boston (formerly known as The Community Energy Partnership).
- CSG delivers the first energy audit for Boston Edison (now NSTAR).
- CSG has one office and one employee. End-of-the year revenue is $100,000.